A Message for Customers and Friends of Universal Storage Group Facilities, from AJ Ross, CEO:
In these uncertain times, I wanted to reach out personally about what we are doing here at USG as the situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
USG’s primary concern is the health and safety of our customers and our team members. Please rest assured that we are actively monitoring the situation and all updates, and doing everything we can to help avoid service disruption to our operations. We're following guidance from public health officials and government agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, so we can make ongoing assessments and stay in constant communication with our team members to provide information and guidance as developments unfold.
The cleanliness of our facilities is always a top priority for us, and now more than ever. In addition to our regular cleaning procedures, increased protective measures are being taken at all locations:
- Effective immediately, all of our storage locations are “Hands-Free Operations” and we have closed our offices and restrooms to public usage, and limiting our customer interactions to phone or Ring doorbell conversations, email, and digital methods. Additionally, we are maintaining the minimum-advised 6-foot social distancing with all personnel interactions.
- Please help us by reducing physical contact and do not visit the facility or leasing office if you are ill, have been exposed to the virus, or recently traveled outside of the country.
- The vast majority of our managed facilities already have “no-touch” technology in place for entering and exiting the gates/buildings via the Easy Code smartphone app.
- All USG facilities feature online and paperless leasing processes for a 100% Hands-Free experience.
- As an extra preventive measure, our storage offices have ceased to accept cash payments for the time being, where allowed. All USG Managed locations offer our customers several convenient payment options which do not require an office visit. Payments can be made online on USG’s website or at your facility’s website, by phone, or mail. Current Customers: If you haven't already, now is a great time to enroll in our Auto-Debit program. Log in to your account via your facility website to enroll with your next payment.
- Lastly, we have instructed all our managers to cease our regular business to business marketing visit activity, and our facilities have cancelled or postponed all on-site events to be in compliance with the President’s mandate to cancel any event with 10 or more people in attendance. Any event that can be rescheduled, will be rescheduled as soon as it is safe to do so.
As state and local government agencies issue mandatory closures of business and shelter in place orders, we have responded quickly with our Hands-Free Operations Plan that has been crafted to allow fellow Essential Businesses to operate as usual, maintain current Essential Business customer unit access, and continue to serve new and existing customers safely while adhering to the mandatory orders and health regulations.
Many of our customers are depending on their storage units for supply chain continuity. To support our customers, our communities, and to help maintain stability, we are committed to remain at their service.
Therefore, our Hands-Free Operations Plan includes:
- Managers on-site, but stationed within our locked offices, in order to serve and support Essential Businesses, and monitor the property, while maintaining social distancing protocol.
- Utilization of our fully-functional online leasing, online reservations, online payments and account management system for all stores.
- Utilization of our store tablets and computer systems to be able to accept payments and lease units from within the locked office.
- Utilization of our Ring doorbells and store cell phones to welcome and serve all store visitors.
- Utilization of our surveillance camera systems to keep continual checks on the property, in addition to multiple daily physical walk-throughs by facility managers to actively monitor property conditions.
- All stores are equipped with after-hours call center and/or emergency numbers.
AJ Ross CEO
Universal Storage Group